Monday, May 14, 2012

The adventures of Kanaraville.

 I'd like to say that the months I spend away from Tyler are probably the most I get to see my family. Through out the summer were always taking quick little get-a-ways for the weekend. We run off to Vegas, Cali, or Southern Utah. This past weekend we headed to Kanarraville (You may be asking where the heck that is) and spend time at the cabin where we are out in the boonies! My grandparents, mom, her boyfriend, and his parents came up and spent the weekend there. Needless to say, I spent the whole weekend "gold hunting" with my grandpa Wally which took  A LOT of patience. Digging in dirt isn't my cup of tea, but I did it for his excitement. Other than prospecting for the big golden nugget, sleeping there is spooky. I am such a wimp that I slept with my grandma while my grandpa slept on a cot next to us. To my surprise, my grandpa Wally was such a scaredy cat! He woke up every 20 minutes asking "what was that?!" Any little noise the house made, he jumped up and grabbed his flashlight. All in all, such a fun weekend with good company! 
Gold Prospectors

Had Wally's snake chaps on ready to dig!


No comments:

Post a Comment