Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Power of the Priesthood

I had a friend of mine whom I met in the NICU while her baby was there ask me over the weekend how I have witnessed the power of Priesthood in my life recently. I thought, "I am the perfect person to ask, yet the worst because there were far too many occasions to count". I was happy she asked me though. I thought I would just write them down so I don't forget. While this isn't all that I experience recently, these were some of the most significant incidences where I witnessed the power of the Priesthood during such a hard time in my life.


I witnessed the power of the priesthood when my husband knelt in prayer as he received the answer that our son was going to live through the first 48 hours (which were most crucial) and he did even though all odds were against him. It was indeed a miracle. 

I witnessed the power of the priesthood as doctors, nurses, surgeons, and respiratory therapists gathered together in prayer and asked the Lord to guide their hands as they attempted and succeeded their 14th time (13 previous failed attempts) at inserting a PICC line that was their last option in prolonging our sweet baby boy's life. 

I witnessed the power of the priesthood when I was given a comfort blessing by my husband's good friend. In this blessing, it confirmed that every form of communication between Kooper and I was real and to listen to what he tells me and every mother intuitive feeling I received, was real and true. Through this priesthood blessing, it provided me with more strength than I ever could have imagined and tremendous amount of comfort and peace.

I witnessed the power of the priesthood when my husband and I experienced the darkest of hours when he was sick and we knelt in prayers while my husband would offer the most comforting prayer that made everything feel "okay" in that moment. 

I witnessed the power of the priesthood as my husband invited his friend who had just received the aaronic priesthood, to administer in giving our son a blessing. I witnessed Kooper and Tyler using his priesthood power in doing missionary work for  others. It was such a special experience. 

I witnessed the power of the priesthood as angels bore up my shoulders as we made the decision to let our sweet baby boy return to his Heavenly Father.  I will never forget that painful moment in removing his breathing tube and watch him take his last breaths yet feeling the angels circling my little family bearing us up.

These are a few times I have witnessed the power of the Priesthood that only strengthened my testimony. I know the tremendous importance of having the priesthood reside within your own walls of your home and the importance of using and sharing it with those who don't have that option. 



No comments:

Post a Comment