Thursday, June 30, 2016

Part 2: Morning Sickness, Belly Pics, Gender Reveal, and all the In-Betweens

The following months after we found out we were expecting was pretty much filled with a whole lot of nausea, Taco Bell, pizza lunchables, cup of noodles, and sprite. That is what I craved the most. These months were also filled with many little milestones from baby Koop making tremendous strides in growing to finding out that he was a boy! Every appointment was filled with hearing his heartbeat to ultrasounds seeing our beautiful baby get bigger and bigger every time. 

He was most active when I would go to bed at night. I would sit there and jiggle or poke my tummy just so he could kick and punt he back. That he did. He was such a strong little guy. I would sit for 20-25 minutes straight every night just waiting for that one little kick. Tyler would attempt, but wasn't quite patient enough or when I would see it, he couldn't. Finally, around 23 weeks Kooper wanted to show off and give dad a big high-five. That was so exciting seeing Tyler's face light up with pure joy and love for our little guy. 

I would say that around 15 weeks, I was clear into the nesting stage. Organizing clothes, throwing away junk, cleaning window seals, arranging everything I could find! I could stand the smell of the trash so we put the trash can in the backyard. Smells of any kind would make me hurl. I wanted clean 24/7 and it drove my husband a little crazy!

I honestly hated being pregnant, but it didn't make my love for my Koop any less. I just hated all that came with being pregnant. Morning sickness (that lasted all day!), to weight gain, to fatigue, etc. None of that stuff was fun, but when I got to hear my boy's heart beat or wake-up and see that my belly was just a little bigger, or when I felt him kick or hiccup, it would remind me that it all was SO worth it! Pregnancy is amazing and it is incredible that womens' body's are created to do such a miraculous thing. 


The first time I really "popped"! I was 14 weeks.

His feet were my favorite.

The most perfect little profile.


Yes. You were NOT shy! Mom called it before the tech could. A BOY!








21 weeks

23 weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment